Resume & Profile E-Summit:Register for the E-Summit
References, Recommendations & Testimonials
Friday, November 17, 2017
Noon to 2 pm ET
"Your brand is what other people say about you when you're not in the room." – Jeff Bezos, Amazon
You spend hours working to craft a resume that sells your candidate's unique value. How do you help them manage external validation of their brand from colleagues, supervisors, and others in the form of references, recommendations, and testimonials?
In this E-Summit, Dr. Cheryl Minnick and Resume Writing Academy CEO Marie Zimenoff will walk you through the what, where, why, how, and when of references. You will learn the context behind how employers use references and what matters most for your clients in managing their Circle of Champions.
You'll walk away with:
- An understanding of the different types of references and tips for candidates in choosing references.
- Context and the backstory around how references are used by employers, what is "allowed" and what isn't, and what that means for your clients.
- Tips on helping clients submit references or letters of recommendation.
- Writing and formatting strategies for stand-out references lists and incorporating testimonials into other career documents.
- Guidelines to help clients coach their references, including drafting recommendation letters or LinkedIn profile recommendations.
- Questions that will improve the power of references lists, recommendations, and testimonials, no matter the format.
As always with our Resume & Profile E-Summits, you'll walk away with tools, resources, and pages of handouts with sample reference lists, recommendation letters, career documents that incorporate testimonials, LinkedIn recommendations, and more!
Register to attend live or get the recording (all who register get lifetime access to the E-Summit webinar recording and handouts).
When you register, you will have access to the live session and receive the audio recording link, so you can listen -- over and over -- whenever you wish.