How do I earn my CCM?
Demonstrate you meet the following credentialing requirements.
- Professional Credentials, Certifications, Degrees & Licensure (3 options): 1) Certification within your area of practice or specialization, 2) advanced academic credentials (Master’s Degree, Doctorate, or equivalent), or 3) a minimum of 10 years’ full-time experience in your particular area of expertise in the careers and employment industry.
- Continuing Professional Education: Completion of 30 CEUs every 2 years.
- Sharing Your Knowledge & Expertise: 3 published articles, 6 blog posts, or 1 published book every 2 years.
- Pro Bono Work & Volunteerism: Minimum of 15 hours of pro bono work every 2 years.
- Self-Education: Read a minimum of 4 books every 2 years on any topic related to careers, employment, interviewing, salary negotiations, job search, human resources, life planning, coaching, business management, leadership, entrepreneurship, marketing, or the like.
- Public Speaking & Training: 2 public speaking engagements (paid or volunteer) or 1 college/university course every 2 years.
How do I apply for my CCM?
- Complete the multi-page CCM Documentation Packet.
- Verify that you meet the requirements by adding details on the CCM Documentation Packet. For items that require additional documentation, please provide electronic copies (PDFs or Word documents preferred). Indicate on each document the CCM requirement for which you are submitting.
- Submit payment. CTL Associates receive a $20 discount. Log in to the member's area for the discount code.
- Submit your CCM portfolio by email (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will accept the documentation by mail, but only if necessary. Your entire portfolio MUST be submitted simultaneously, all electronic or all mail. Presenting a well-organized, clearly documented portfolio will enable us to review your materials much more quickly and with fewer questions. It’s to your advantage as well as ours!
How is my CCM portfolio reviewed?
Every completed portfolio will be submitted to the Review Committee for a comprehensive evaluation to determine if your application and documentation meet CCM requirements.
The Review Committee will evaluate each application and respond to the applicant within 3 weeks with either approval or denial. Any denials will be accompanied by a written statement of items that must be completed, changed, and/or better documented to earn your CCM.
Upon final verification of all items, your CCM will be awarded and a certificate forwarded to you. In addition, we will announce your CCM on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and several key Career Thought Leaders online groups and forums.
CCM Revocation Policy
The Career Thought Leader Consortium reserves the right to revoke your CCM if:
- You do not meet the biennial (every 2 years) renewal requirements.
- You demonstrate unprofessional, unethical, or unlawful conduct.
- You are found guilty in a court of law for unlawful or unethical business practices.