I am the founder of Careers Enhanced Ltd, an international career management consultancy based in the UK. After many years of living and working in Germany, The Netherlands and England, I certainly appreciate the challenges (and joys!) that come with managing one’s career across different cultures.
My focus in the careers field is threefold: career development programmes in organisations, career coaching and consulting for senior professionals, and supporting my career colleagues’ professional development through teaching and mentoring.
At organisational level, I partner with visionary leaders who want to innovate their companies’ career management practices, so their staff can engage, thrive and play to their strengths.
My private clients are mainly highly experienced, international professionals. They are ready to make (drastic) changes to their careers – but are at a loss at how to do it wisely, graciously and effectively.
I have always been keen to stay abreast of the latest careers knowledge, trends, and best practice – something I regard as key so I can support my clients’ journeys in a volatile, unpredictable world. My zest for learning has brought me many unforgettable learning experiences, qualifications, conferences and friendships with colleagues – also in the US. Joining the Career Thought Leaders’ Advisory Board is a real honour and a wonderful opportunity to build even stronger bridges for the careers profession, across the big pond.
My professional designations and distinctions include:
- Certified Career Management Coach (CCMC)
- Credentialed Job Search Strategist (CJSS)
- Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Work Behavior Inventory (WBI)
- Certified Social Media Career Strategist (CSMCS)
- Diploma in Inter-Cultural Management Development, accredited by University of Cambridge (Programme for Industry) and TCO International Diversity Management.
Highlights of publications, presentations, and industry leadership roles:
- Legacy Fellow, Career Development Institute, UK, for outstanding contributions to the career development sector in Great Britain, 2013.
- Elected Talent Management Representative and Secretary of the Career Development Institute’s Professional Standards Committee, since 2013.
- Elected Board Member – Association of Career Professionals International UK – strategy, membership engagement and growth, co-planning and delivering continuous professional development activities for UK members, 2011 – 2013.
- Facilitator and Organiser of the Career Thought Leaders’ Annual Global Career Brainstorming Day in London, HULT International Business School, since 2011.
- Keynote and conference presenter, most recently, for: Staff Conference for Careers Advisers, CfBT, London; keynote at the inaugural national conference ‘Women and Change in Higher Education: Culture and Careers’; Association of Career Professionals International; Women in Science, Engineering and Technology Network (WiSET); Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Articles and contributions to career sites and magazines such as Career Matters, Get Smaart, The Guardian Careers Portal, Yahoo Finance, as well as UK bestselling careers books by John Lees: The Interview Expert: How to get the Job You Want, 2011; John Lees: How to Get a Job You’ll Love 2013-2014 edition; John Lees: Just the Job!: Smart and Fast Strategies to Get the Perfect Job, 2013.
- Book Chapter: “Managing Your Leadership Career in Hard Times”, by Professor John Blenkinsopp, Professor Yehuda Baruch and Ruth Winden; In: Self-Management and Leadership Development, editors: Mitchell G. Rothstein and Ronald J. Burke; Edward Elgar Publishing, 2010, pp 197-225.
- Workbook: The PACE Mentoring Programme – Mentoring Guide for Mentors and Mentees, University of Leeds, Faculty of Engineering, Leeds, (69 pages), 2009.
- Workbook: Working Together – Making the Most of Mentoring – Mentoring workbook for members of the Institute of Physics IOP, London, (60 pages), 2007.
- Regular guest on Radio BBC Tees, speaking on career topics.