Developed by Ross Primack, CPRW, CEIP, GCDF, Connectict Labor Department
1. Do you have a BA or MA in Pharmacy? Do you have a Pharm D? Are you a licensed pharmacist in this state or any other states?
2. Is your experience in retail, clinical or hospital settings?
3. Are you familiar with third-party insurance plans including Medicaid?
4. Are you experienced using pharmacy database systems? Are you familiar with Automix, Clinitec, Micromedix, AS400 Order Entry, Digimedics, Dino System or PYXIS System? Do you have PDX experience?
5. Do you have experience compounding, dispensing, dosing, IVs and TPNs?
6. Have you answered, and are you comfortable with answering, drug information questions from both health care providers and patients?
7. Do you have experience preparing and dispensing experimental drugs?
8. Have you analyzed records to determine prescribing trends and excessive usage?
9. Are you experienced in compounding radioactive substances and reagents to prepare radiopharmaceuticals, following radiopharmacy laboratory procedures? Have you evaluated the quality and effectiveness of radiopharmaceuticals?
10. Are you experienced in maintaining established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste?
11. Have you planned and implemented procedures in a pharmacy such as mixing, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals according to policies and legal requirements?
12. Have you maintained records including pharmacy files, charge systems, inventory and control records?
13. Do you actively promote patient education? What efforts have you made?
14. Have you performed DUR and DUE on drug orders?
15. What do you do to stay current with trends in pharmaceutical care and new drugs on the market?
16. Do you have supervisory responsibility? For how many? What are their jobs? Are you responsible for hiring, referral for termination and performance reviews?
17. Have you trained staff? In what capacity?
18. Do you have any budget responsibility? What is the size of your operating budget?
19. Do you have any purchasing responsibility? Do you negotiate with vendors?
20. Have you initiated any cost reductions? In what capacity? How much did you save?