Why Affiliate with CTL?
Since the Career Thought Leaders Consortium was founded, we have received hundreds of requests to join our think tank. In response to the ongoing interest and, specifically, the need for our colleagues to associate with like-minded professionals, we have created the CTL Associate designation with a wealth of benefits and opportunities.
I continue to be grateful for all you do for CTL Associates and ACRWs. It is way beyond my expectations and feel so privileged to be part of such an esteemed group! ~ Anne Landon, ACRW, CPRW, Distinctive Resume Designs
10 Benefits of Becoming a CTL Associate:
- Prominent and easily searchable listing in the CTL Directory. The CTL Directory is a fully searchable database of leading career experts – a wonderfully valuable tool for job seekers and career professionals alike. Full details about the Directory are below.
- Recognition as an “Associate – Career Thought Leaders Consortium” – a distinguished designation that you can use in your email signature, on your website or blog, in your LinkedIn profile, in your marketing campaigns and client communications … wherever and however you’d like to give yourself distinction.
- Value of, and visibility from, all the job seeker-focused marketing outreach that we do on a regular basis to drive traffic to the CTL website and blog and, now, the CTL Directory.
- Variety of opportunities for training, public speaking, writing, books, and all kinds of other projects. On a routine basis we get a wide range of requests for a diversity of business opportunities and projects. As these come our way, we will immediately notify CTL Associates so that you can follow up on those of interest to you specifically. This should not be construed as a guarantee that you will capture a particular opportunity, but rather that you will be made aware of the opportunity.
- Exclusive opportunities to feature your work (e.g., resumes, letters, coaching strategies, job search systems) in print and online book publications through both CTL and other organizations.
- Free webcasts with CTL Advisory Council Members on a wide range of career/employment/job search/technology topics.
- 5% discount to the annual CTL Conference – each and every year!
- Invitation to participate in, and contribute to, CTL-sponsored research projects focused on careers, employment, job search, entrepreneurship, and other key topics.
- Personalized CTL Associate certificate to prominently display in your office.
- Announcement of your CTL Associate status in the next edition of the E-Bridge newsletter.
The New CTL Directory
For years, we’ve needed a comprehensive, easily searchable database of career professionals that spans multiple organizations, associations, and certifications. At CTL, we’ve created that resource – the new CTL Directory, a remarkably valuable tool for:
- Job seekers to identify the career professionals they want to work with for career planning and development, career coaching, resume writing, job search, interview training, and more.
- Career professionals to identify colleagues to whom they can refer clients for additional services, partner with on special projects, and/or otherwise collaborate. At CTL, we’re always looking for the “right” career professional to refer clients and projects that come our way. Now all of that activity will be referred to CTL Associates – and the Directory will help us find precisely the right Associates for each opportunity.
Job seekers and career professionals can search the CTL Directory using a wide combination of criteria:
Your CTL Directory listing will include all of the above in addition to all of your contact information – phone, email, website, blog, LinkedIn URL, Twitter handle, and address (optional) – along with a 1000-character professional bio.
3 Reasons Why the CTL Associate & Directory Are Unique
- This is a 1-time only registration and a lifetime designation. Remember, CTL is a think tank and not a “traditional” professional association. As such, you can become a CTL Associate in a 1-time transaction for $347. That’s it!
- The CTL Directory is self-administered. When you register, you will receive a password to access your Directory listing. As often as you like you can update your information, add new areas of specialization, change your email address, and make other changes to your listing. We will communicate with you periodically to introduce new search options and other Directory enhancements and will remind you to keep your information current – but it is solely your responsibility to do so. If at any point in the future you are no longer working in the careers industry, please delete your listing from the Directory so that the data remain fresh and accurate.
- The CTL Directory is a dynamic database. Every day will bring changes to the Directory. Associates will join, add new credentials, change their areas of specialization, and update their contact information. Thus it will quickly become the first choice for job seekers to identify talented career professionals and for career professionals looking for the right referral or partner.
4 Steps to Becoming a CTL Associate:
- Complete the CTL Associate registration form.
- Read and sign our Code of Ethics. We have very high expectations for the ethical standards, practices, and conduct of all CTL Associates.
- Process your 1-time payment of $347.
- Create your CTL Associate listing. Once you’ve registered, you’ll receive an email with complete instructions on how to build your Directory listing – accurately and in its entirety. We will not be reviewing and proofreading registrations, so it’s important that your information be 100% correct. What you include on the form is precisely what everyone will see when they read your Directory listing. Be certain that it’s done well to optimize your results!
Let’s work together to build and strengthen our industry!